1. Cynthia Henley
    August 5, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

I’ve been getting e-mails about a rainmaker seminar for small law firms in Vegas on August 19 & 20. Here is the link: http://www.therainmakerretreat.com I was thinking that it might be a cool way to go and write off a trip. Think I might learn anything? ha ha ha! The discounted fees start at only the affordable $1097 for early birds & go up to $1999 (or something) for VIP. Aren’t I worthy of VIP? Love the testimonials. . .

2. Ross
    August 5, 2011 @ 11:33 pm

Like I read in the 80’s, if the scheme was that good, she would keep it to herself and make obscene amounts of money. But it’s not, and there’s more money to be made scamming greedy morons (who, quite frankly, deserve to be scammed) than there is practicing law. Hopefully, she stays out of the courtroom and leaves the real work to those who are more qualified, and more likely to actually help a client.

3. Rickey H. Moore
    August 6, 2011 @ 12:58 am

I guessed it was Goji Berries at the start. This seems to be even worse. 🙂 Ric

4. Hull
    August 6, 2011 @ 4:57 am

Very nicely done, sir. John Daniel Hull IV

5. mickey fox
    August 6, 2011 @ 8:12 am

She sells Amway too?

6. Thomas R. Griffith
    August 6, 2011 @ 12:24 pm

Mr. B., I predict she’ll be a hit among the non-CDL crowd since it’s perfectly OK for Divorce & Will specialist to hold themselves out as real CDLs representing clients in felony cases, do little or no work, walk away & shred all files after five years.

The industry brought this on its self by refusing to address / regulate and now it’s time to either accept it or address it. By addressing it, the gurus of tomorrow will not be able to convert non-CDLs over night and felony clients get represented by real CDLs. Plea bargaining at lunch recess will be a thing of the past.
    Thanks.

7. Larry Standley
    August 6, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

What if these “Virtual Awareness Legal Marketing” proven techniques promised to “actually increases income while decreasing the amount of time working on the tasks that are hardly enjoyable, don’t quite “work out” for the criminal client whose lawyer ascribes to such advice? Is there some sort of “Virtual Awareness Incarceration/ fines” as well?

8. Alex Bunin
    August 6, 2011 @ 7:48 pm

Judge, the site is not about those pesky clients, just their fees.

9. Larry Standley
    August 6, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

Ah, my bad. Fees, Freedom…whats the difference to the virtual peddlers anyway? If they truly are practicing lawyers in the most competitive market in the country, I don’t see them holding a candle next to the REAL practicing lawyers I see in a REAL Texas courtroom representing REAL people with REAL problems and REAL hearts and souls. Bottom line: They seem to have forgotten their Oath.

10. John S. Wallenstein
    August 8, 2011 @ 3:33 pm

One of my colleagues got this spam email from her, and brought it to my attention, which is how I ended up reading your post. You’ve hit it on the head. Good thing my brief isn’t due in the Circuit until the end of the month, so I have time to read your blog and even attend the Free webinar (or whatever)…if i can double my income by September 1, I won’t have to argue this appeal, I can just submit!
    By the way, shouldn’t defenestration precede both decapitation and exsanguination? Logically, I mean…..