Why Federal Court is No Place for Amateurs

If I were to pick one U.S. District Judge from the Southern District of Texas before whom one should not appear pro se, it would be David Hittner:

(I’m guessing Judge Hittner wants to get the parties before him to see if the plaintiff can control his temper better in person.)

This entry was posted in federal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Why Federal Court is No Place for Amateurs

1. marty pohlman says:

So don’t leave us hanging. What happened on 10/22?

2. marty pohlman says:

You have been remiss in your duty. There is no followup as to what happened on 10/22.I see mini-series all over this.

3. shg says:

There’s nothing more enjoyable than an even judicial temperament in a judge with life tenure. It leaves the public with a true sense of the blessings of our system of justice.

4. Robert Louque says:

I have been reading your blog for some time now. You first caught my attention with your post on rehabilitating non judgmental jurors.

I believe I have the answer to the question on whether the plaintiff can hold his temper in person.

NSFW

5. Matt Parker says:

Clearly the judge was a jerk. I’m not saying that the plaintiff isnt a jerk, but it’s the judge’s duty to enforce the law.

6. Gary Mosher says:

When a prose plaintiff kicks a judges ass in a circuit appeals court it is way past time for the plainly incompetent judge to be looking for some other line of work.