Zombies in Area! Run!

(Can you see the above video? Please let me know in comments.)

Austin officials aren’t taking the spoof lightly, noting it is a criminal act.

“The sign’s content was humorous, but the act of changing it wasn’t,” Hartley said.

Austin police are investigating the situation, and the vandals could face a Class C misdemeanor charge of tampering with a road sign, Hartley said.

(Dallas Morning News)

A Class C misdemeanor has a maximum $500 fine. Even if the hackers get caught, charged, convicted, and maxed out on punishment it’ll be money well spent.

This entry was posted in humor and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Zombies in Area! Run!

1. Bobby Mims says:

Lightin’ up APD!

2. Jigmeister says:

I could see it fine, Mark. Can’t figure the symbolism though. Is this a specific sign statute that controls of general computer invasion statutes?

3. PJ says:

Mark wrote: “Even if the hackers get caught, charged, convicted, and maxed out on punishment it’ll be money well spent.”

Couldn’t agree more. I actually think there should be some First Amendment protections for this. It’s art, in a way. Maybe even political commentary. (Okay, that may be stretching it a bit.)

4. Windypundit says:

This is a classic hack. Whoever did this had some fun and revealed a weakness in the system without doing any serious damage. I’m not saying the hackers were doing a public service, but the authorities would do well to consider this a lesson learned and be thankful the message wasn’t something really bad, e.g. “Death To America. We Have Sarin Gas. Turn Around or Die.”

5. Pingback: Jeremy Sagan » Blog Archive » Zombies in area… Run!

6. anna says:

Well, the zombies with no sense of humor have certainly revealed themselves. Let me know when I lose my sense of humor and I will go bury myself, ok?

7. dave says:

Nazi zombies, sounds like the end game special in the new call of duty: World at War game. I got a kick out of this.

8. It might be breach of computer security, though I don’t know that many details about such signs. Still a funny joke. The first time. The raptor bit was played out before the asshats even attempted it.