There was a dictator named Shwe
Whose couldn’t get dates, straight or gay.
To compensate for this lack
He imprisoned a pack
Of activists — watch what you say!
This being America, we don’t have to watch what we say.
The same is, sadly, not true the world over.
So here’s the deal:
Blogosphere Poetry contest.
- Theme: “Criticism of Burmese Dictator Than Shwe.”
- Form: Your choice.
- Language: Your choice (extra credit for Burmese).
- Leave your entry in the comments. If you have a blog and send in a poem, I’ll give you some link love.
- For this post only, the rule against anonymous ad hominem attacks is suspended. I don’t know if they pick us up in Myanmar, but I don’t want anyone thrown into prison on my account.
- My staff of experts and I will choose the winner.
- No prize, just bragging rights.
- Entries close in two weeks.
Please spread the word.